The Company undertakes to respect and safeguard the confidentiality of your personal privacy, and to strictly observe the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the laws of the HKSAR (the “Ordinance”). The Company has formulated this Policy to set out how the Company collects, uses, discloses and maintains your personal data.
a. Collection of Personal Data
By accessing the Company’s website (www.muudarts.com OR www.thedartsfactoy.com; “this Website”), or engaging in the following activities through the internet, telephone or facsimile, or at the branches or offices of the Company in person:
- Applying for any membership schemes of the Company;
- Applying to be a contractor, agent or supplier of any products or services of the Company;
- Applying to be an employee of the Company;
- Registering for any activities, competitions, lucky draws or surveys organized by the Company;
- Using any online shopping platforms of the Company; using any interactive online platforms of the Company; and
- Communicating with the Company.
You agree to all the terms contained herein and agree that the Company may collect, use, disclose and maintain your personal data in accordance with the relevant requirements of this Policy. You may be requested to provide sufficient but not excessive personal data (including but not limited to name, sex, nationality, occupation, age Company, day and month of birth, residential address, telephone number, facsimile number, email address, credit card number, marital status, number of family members, preferred language of communication, education level, range of monthly income, hobbies and other information, collectively “Personal Data”) during the abovementioned activities. The Company hereby emphasizes that you have no obligation to provide any Personal Data to the Company and the relevant Personal Data is provided by you voluntarily. If you are unable to provide the relevant Personal Data, the Company may be unable to provide the relevant services to you or process your relevant applications.
b. Use of Personal Data
The Personal Data provided by you may be used by the Company for one or more of the following purposes:
- To confirm and verify your identity;
- To manage your member account (including but not limited to assigning the online login passwords);
- To handle your inquiries, complaints, applications and orders for products or services;
- To understand your preferences in order to provide with you more appropriate information about promotions, discount offers, products and services, and to provide with you relevant details from time to time (to enhance your understanding of the relevant details);
- To manage, operate and maintain the activities or services provided to you by the Company (including audit or the enforcement of both parties’ rights as set out in the terms and conditions of the relevant activities or services);
- To announce the winners of any activities, competitions or lucky draws organized by the Company;
- To provide after-sales services to you;
- To request payment for our services;
- To send you e-Cards and relevant materials;
For investigation, statistics or research purposes, and for formulating or improving services quality, operation policies, marketing and promotional strategies;
To investigate suspicious dealings and to assist in preventing and detecting crimes; and
For disclosure in accordance with the laws.
c. Disclosure of Personal Data
The Company will keep the Personal Data provided by you confidential. Your Personal Data may be disclosed or transferred by the Company for the abovementioned purposes (whether or not within the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) in the following circumstances:
- To disclose to the agents, services providers (e.g. expert consultants, banks, technicians, marketing research companies, telecommunication or internet services providers, data entry companies etc.) (collectively “Third Parties”) employed by the Company to provide administrative, telecommunication, computer and information technology, payment, third party debt collection institutions, daily processing, mailing, marketing research, promotional services etc., in order to facilitate the carrying out of the abovementioned purposes, services providers or retailers in cooperation with the Company to provide promotional offers, activities or awards (collectively as “Participating Merchants”), and/or the subsidiaries and affiliated companies of the Company (i.e. the Company’s holding companies and the subsidiaries of such holding companies) with a view to provide relevant products or services, or handle relevant applications, and to improve operational efficiency. The aforementioned Third Parties, Participating Merchants and the subsidiaries and affiliated companies of the Company are subject to the duty of confidentiality, and shall only use your Personal Data for the abovementioned purpose.
- To disclose to the Government, law enforcement authorities and/or third-parties required by laws or court orders so as to protect the Company’s rights and to assist in deterring illegal activities; and
- When the Company engages in mergers, acquisitions or the sales of all or the majority of shares to Third Parties, your Personal Data may incidentally be transferred to such Third Parties.
- Except for the above disclosures, we will implement all reasonable measures to ensure that the Personal Data collected from you be kept in strict confidence and will not be sold, rented or transferred to any third parties for any other uses.
d. Maintenance and Security of Personal Data
The Company will properly store your Personal Data in the electronic system upon collection. Appropriate measures regarding the monitoring facilities, electronic system and staff management have been implemented to protect your Personal Data. The Company has also adopted relevant systems and user regulations to restrict the use of your Personal Data by the abovementioned Third Parties, Participating Merchants, subsidiaries and affiliated companies of the Company to ensure all personnel complies with the requirements of the Ordinance.
The Company will not maintain your Personal Data for longer than is necessary, and will delete all unnecessary Personal Data exist in the system to observe the requirements of all relevant laws and regulations of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region relating to the maintenance of personal data.
e. Access or Correction of Personal Data
With respect to the Personal Data provided to the Company, you enjoy the following rights:
- To enquire whether the Company possesses your Personal Data and to request the relevant information;
- To correct your Personal Data already provided to the Company; and
- To ascertain the Company’s personal data handling policies and practices, as well as the types of information possessed by the Company.
- If you wish to access or correct the abovementioned Personal Data, please email us at email@example.com
- The Company shall not be liable for any relevant claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses etc. arising out of or related to your failure to timely contact the Company for the correction of Personal Data.
f. Hypertext links to third party websites
g. This Policy shall not limit the rights that you are entitled to under the Ordinance.
h. The Company shall have the rights to amend this Policy from time to time.
i. The original of this Policy is written in Chinese language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the Chinese version and the translated versions of this Policy, the Chinese version shall prevail.